AIC: Happy National Veterans Small Business Week
This week is National Veterans Small Business Week, a week dedicated to recognizing and supporting veteran entrepreneurs and small business owners. In a memo released Monday, President Obama noted, “Even after our service members hang up their uniforms, they keep shaping our country, applying their innovative and unique skills to form small businesses that define our communities and drive economic progress.” At AIC, we are very proud to be just one of the many veteran-owned small business who are dedicated to our communities, our clients, and our employees.
What are the facts behind National Veterans Small Business Week and veteran-owned businesses? Here are six things you should know:
- Veterans are responsible for 1 in 10 small businesses.
- Veterans employ nearly 6 million workers.
- Veterans generate over $1.5 trillion in receipts each year.
- Veterans are 45 percent more likely to be self-employed.
- National Veterans Small Business Week Events are happening from coast to coast.
- There’s even a Twitter hashtag for this week. #MyVetBiz (#WhoKnew #WeDid)Thinking of starting a business?
If you’re a veteran considering going into business for yourself, veterans programs and the SBA can help with the funding, laws, and advice. Once you have a business plan in place, we can help you with branding, marketing, websites, and all the tools you need to give your business polish, get you discovered, and maintain loyal customers.