Software Engineer Level 1 (Java Developer)
Ascendant Innovations Corp is looking for an experienced Software Engineer (SWE) Level 1. The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. The daily tasking will include doing software development of new or enhancement of existing capabilities predominately using Java. Also doing Java development for new or existing applications. The SWE will provide Tier III Support for deployed capabilities and address bug fixes. As well as test and debug software code for network connected systems. They will perform integration and testing as needed. The SWE will collaborate with a team of Software and Systems engineers in an Agile environment to analyze requirements, derive user stories, track issues, and create user documentation. They will also provide status and update tickets.
- Experience with Java development
- Experience with JMS
- Database experience such as Mongo or MySQL
- Experience developing scalable solutions, applicable to both large- and small-scale platforms
- Must meet the Labor Category requirements, contact email@example.com for details
- Experience with Java development IDEs (e.g. IntelliJ, Eclipse)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with Git and/or Gitlab
- Experience with Gradle
Software Engineer (SWE) – Level 1
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus seven (7) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Eleven (11) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
Must be a US Citizen with an active Top Secret/SCI w/polygraph.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
AIC offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org