Software Engineer – Level 4
Ascendant Innovations is seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) for the following responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- design, develop and test software methods to access data from internal and external databases, RESTful interfaces, or data feeds; create systems for data transformation, mapping, and standardization
- develop data characterization scripts and processing documentation
- analyze and develop requirements to support the ingest of new and existing data types
- analyze data and determine best methods for conditioning data pre and post-ingest
- by data source, provide cost and benefit analysis to identify whether data should be ingested into a local store or accessed on demand
- design and develop software components from algorithm specifications and functional requirements
- design and develop agency-compliant web-based user interfaces to allow basic query and visualization of data
- integrate, test and deploy system components
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline related to the experience requirements as stated herein. Three (03) years of additional experience on projects with similar processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of experience in a technical role, providing technical expertise for software-intensive projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- Ten (10) years of experience as a Software Engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems).
- Minimum three (03) years direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
- Experience in Web Services implementation.
- Experience in programming using Top-Down, Event-Driven, and object-oriented paradigms
- Leadership experience in mentoring fellow Software Engineers and providing subject matter expertise for software development and engineering.
- Experience in Agile development methodology (such as Agency Spin development).
- Experience with software development and scripting languages such as Java, Python, Hibernate, and Shell Scripts, preferably in a Linux virtual environment
- Map/Reduce in a Cloud Computing environment
- Hadoop and Hbase on CentOS
- Experience with Agile development and developer tools (e.g. IntelliJ, Aptana, Grunt, Jenkins, GIT, Junit, Jasmine)
- Experience with Jira and Agile/Kanban methodologies
- Experience with agency compliance tools and libraries
- Experience with the analysis and assessment of different legal requirements, policies, authorities and data handling for various data types
- Experience designing and developing software systems that access and ingest external data, incorporating elements for transformation, mapping, standardization, ingestion and data characterization
- Expert understanding of the open source NiFi application and its components to include administration and configuration of complex SSL interactions, Java virtual machine configuration, JVM clustering configuration, and front-end web application configuration
- Experience with high-level analysis of IC systems, data models, data formats and types, data volumes, and data samples
- Experience with dataflow, routing and data enrichments tools (e.g. NiFi)
- Docker experience
- Splunk experience
Must be a US Citizen with an active Top Secret/SCI w/polygraph.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
AIC offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org